Candle Care


Always place your candle on a level, fire resistant surface and away from windows or drafts.  Do not leave unattended.  Candles should burn for 3-4 hours with each use.  If a candle is extinguished before the wax pool melts to all edges of the container it will tunnel.  To ensure maximum burn time we recommend trimming your wick to ¼” with a wick trimmer or nail clippers before each use when the wax and wick are firm, and letting the candle create a full melt pool with each use. Jars and tins will become very hot during the burn period, please avoid injury by waiting until the candle has been extinguished and cooled before handling.

To extinguish, use a candle snuffer or gently pinch the wick between damp finger tips.  Avoid blowing the wick out as you may accidentally blow hot wax onto yourself or another surface.  Do not extinguish with lid.

Some wax may cling to the sides or along the bottom of the jar after your candle burns down, that is ok.  To reuse your jar you can fill it with boiling water to melt any leftover wax and let sit until the wax solidifies on the surface and can be disposed of.  Wipe your jar out with isopropyl alcohol and a paper towel (vegetable wax will easily be broken down by alcohol) to remove any final residue. Jars are dishwasher safe.

Search our site

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.